Little Diya is such a bundle of joy; I am actually enjoying the pleasures of laid-back mothering this time around. There's so much to be thankful for now that I feel such a need to just sit down and connect with the Almighty.
Let me count my blessings:
- It's 18 years this day to the official start of our Love Story. And I think we have gone through all the phases--from giggly romance to the can't-keep-my-hands-off-you stage to side-by-side best-buddies co-existence. Right now, we are at this stage where we kind of take the other for granted, in a nice way, give each other the space we need and yet manage to keep the spark going strong .
- Diya is nearly 5 months old; she is a healthy, calm child who has taken to eating her solids like a pro. Starting on idlis today, after four days of pureed rice. :)PS: Love her hearty laughs!
- Ditu is doing so well at school, asking questions, understanding the world she interacts with and more. And she takes such care of the little one, even if she inadvertently slips into horseplay at times. I wish I could be a kinder mother to her, but it's difficult. I guess, firstborns get this penchant for perfection from being yelled at relentlessly by their mothers. Dear God, I don't want to end up as the nastiest chapter in her memoir even though she tells me now, "I will never hate you Mumma. Sometimes I get angry but it's not at you. I LOVE you!" Okay, let's just wait for teenage to set in, which, I hear, starts at 10 these days!
- My sister! I am always thankful for her: she's my sanity at times, even though I tend to forget that, between minding my chores and telling her how to live her life. I hope she will find true happiness in her heart. And I'm guessing our parents staying with her for a few months is bound to put a smile on that pretty face.
- Friends... loads and loads of them. I am thankful for each one of my buddies. From the ones who help me manage a harried day by sending me a home-cooked dish to the ones who make me smile by 'Liking' my photos on FB, I am thankful for each one of you.
- Good health, and I am saying this despite my bad cold and sprained back.
I used to keep an online journal on Penzu while I was pregnant. And boy, am I glad I did! The account sends me random entries from the diary once in a while and just today, I read up on some funny-crazy dreams I had when I was pregnant with Diya. I am glad those dreams did not just slip into oblivion. Writing my new entry in the journal today prompted me to blog as well. So hola everyone! Hope to be back soon!